What are we doing to protect you
At Buchanan Optometrists, your health has always been our concern and a good cleaning and sanitising routine is essential for our everyday practice. Due to Coronavirus, we thought you may like to know what we are doing to ensure you can have a safe and relaxing visit to Buchanan Optometrists. As standard practice, we decline to see people for eye examinations with cold and flu-like symptoms but now would ask if you or your family have any symptoms of cough, cold, flu-like symptoms or a raised temperature please do not attend the practice, if you fall ill whilst in the practice make one of my team aware and stay 3m from everyone.
- We will sanitise all touchpoints, door handles and tables etc once an hour
- After a client has been into our consulting rooms, we sanitise all equipment and chairs, tables, door handles etc
- All of our staff are screened daily to ensure they are showing no symptoms and are asked to self-isolate for 14 days if they or any of their family show symptoms
- For the last few weeks, we have been screening all clients via telephone prior to and then at their visit for any symptoms and travel history and ask them not to attend or to leave the practice where necessary. Signage at the front door deters any visitor who poses a risk.
- Our crockery for refreshments is washed in our dishwasher on a hygiene programme which will kill viruses
- All our staff are using hand sanitiser regularly
- We are asking all clients when they attend and leave to use hand sanitiser
- You can ask your Optometrist to wear a mask throughout your appointment if you wish
- All our spectacle frame displays are now locked so when you try on a frame, we can put them to one side so they can be sanitised.
- We will shortly be using thermographic imaging to monitor client’s temperatures when they walk through the door. Anyone with a raised temperature will be asked to leave and the relevant areas sanitised
- If you require any products and are unable to attend the practice, we can post these out to you. Please order over the phone or at www.eyestuff.co.uk
Please consider the elderly and vulnerable, and follow PHE guidance for your general activities too.