Why you should only buy sunglasses from the expert
Already got some sunglasses? It may be time to replace them. Let me tell you why...
Consumer magazine Which? found that 71% of the sunglasses purchased from large high street stores failed the British Standard. The most common problems were variability in the tint across the lenses which can distort vision, different levels of tint in both eyes which causes problems with depth perception and lenses that were illegal for driving (because of colour distortion or darkness). Poor lens quality also induced prescription and prism in the lenses caused poor vision and headaches. And many lenses were found to fail the impact resistant tests which ensure your safety as well as the longevity of the lenses.
Old or scratched sunglasses can also let through more UV light than intended. So now is the perfect time to replace them.
Don't risk your comfort and eye health, buy your spectacles from eye experts, not supermarkets and fashion stores.
Every pair of sunglasses you buy from us will give you 100% UVA and UVB protection as well as meeting the stringent British and European sunglass lens standards. Ensuring you get the best UV protection and vision at the same time.
With a large range of choice and expert advice, you can be assured your sunglasses will fit comfortably and provide the best UV protection (poorly fitting sunglasses let more UV in).
Only 40% of people wear sunglasses regularly. From my experience, many people seem to believe that if they are 'not sensitive to bright light' or have 'never worn' them, then they don't need to. While I agree that some people are more sensitive to light than others it certainly does not make the rest of the population immune to the sun's damaging effects.
So, here are 7 reasons why you should get yourself ready for the sun.
- Sun glare causes 3,000 injuries due to road accidents every year. Sunglasses prevent car accidents.
- Wearing sunglasses especially earlier in life can delay the onset of cataracts. Every year the NHS removes 350,000 cataracts.
- Wearing sunglasses can help prevent macular degeneration. 1 in 10 over 65s suffer from macular degeneration.
- On average I refer 2-3 clients per year for suspect eyelid rodent ulcers and melanomas. Wearing sunglasses protects the delicate skin around your eyes which we can’t apply sun cream to.
- Achieve sporting prowess. New lenses specifically for golf, tennis, cycling and water sports can give you the competitive edge.
- Sun can cause dry eyes. Wearing sunglasses can reduce symptoms.
- Sunglasses aren't just for summer. with Serengeti polarised, photocromic lenses you can wear them dawn til dusk throughout the year whenever the sun shines.
Come in anytime and see Gill or Sean for a personal sunglass fitting and advice and receive 20% off sunglass frames and lenses until 15/5/17.